Frequently asked question
Participants can switch roles during trips during breaks, which are every 20-30 minutes.
When choosing a snowmobile trip, it is best to put on the same outfit as when going on skis – warm thermal underwear, winter jacket, winter pants, gloves, scarf, and boots over the ankle minimum.
The protective winter suit protects the participant from frost and wind. We know from experience that it is necessary for comfortable driving. You can rent clothes at Snow Safari for an additional fee of PLN 45 (set), which includes winter clothing: jacket, pants, shoes, and gloves.
Yes, we provide insurance -it reduces the material responsibility of the driver for a snowmobile in the event of damage due to his fault.
All trips begin and end at our base! It is located at the top of Gubalowka Mountain next to the car park at Butorowy Wierch.
There are three ways to get to Snow Safari:
- by PKL Gubalowka – cable car from the center of Zakopane. Once you on the upper station go towards Butorowy Wierch and to the village of Kościelisko. Drive along Nedzy Kubinca street turn into the asphalt road Salamandra – go up for about 2000 meters, you will reach the top of Gubalowka Mountain – our base is on the right. You can park your car securely in one of the paid parking lots next to Snow Safari (PLN 3 / hour),
- taxi or independent bus,
- using our transfer service from PLN 45 per person.
Driving down Nedzy Kubinca street, turn into Salamandra street. After driving up about 2000 meters, you will reach the Gubalowka peak – our base is on the right.
We have 20 Lynx and Ski Doo snowmobiles; All are two seated and very comfortable. Our scooters are considered the best and safest for tourist and recreational riding.
- A minimum of 3 years for a 1-hour trip,
- 7 years minimum for a 3-hour trip,
- 6 hour trip from 12 years old.
We use recreational routes on which we have been organizing trips for years. Riding a scooter is preceded by a TRAINING and is always accompanied by our experienced guide. Snowmobiles are safe, but you should be as careful as you would with other motor vehicles.
The vast majority of our clients are people who have not had the opportunity to drive a snowmobile and will be doing it for the first time. It is fantastic in snowmobiles that a person without knowledge, skills, and courses can drive a snowmobile freely because if you listen to our instructors, you will know everything you need to have a safe and enjoyable ride on the snow.
Before departure, our team of experienced guides conducts theoretical and then practical training. Each participant will have a few minutes of exercise on a relatively easy route to get to know the snowmobile.
Depending on the duration of the trip, 5-7 minutes breaks are set and take place every 20-30 minutes. However, at any time, the trip can be stopped at the client’s request.
The price of each trip includes:
- riding a snowmobile for a set time (e.g., 1, 3 or 6 hours, etc.)
- instructor care,
- scooter fuel,
- protective helmet,
We offer you additional services to increase the comfort of the trip. These are additional paid services:
- winter protective suit (set) – 55 PLN net / person; 15 PLN net for 1 element of clothing,
- transfer from the accommodation facility in Zakopane to the base and back – 45 PLN net/person,
- insurance – to reduce your own responsibility for damage to equipment to PLN 1,000 – and it costs PLN 45 net of person/driver.
All prices given are gross prices, including 23% VAT.
If we have winter conditions, expeditions always take place, regardless of whether it is snowing, light or dark.
The maximum speed is 80-90 km per hour. However, to achieve this speed requires experience and is done only with the consent of the guide.
30-50 cm of snow allows you to ride a snowmobile.